-Information courtesy Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk, City of Oxford
The City of Oxford Board of Commissioners will hold their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, December 11, 2018, at 7 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Board Room, City Hall.
Agenda items include:
Presentation by the Oxford Police Department – Crime Rate.
Recognize Janice Murphy – Officer of the Year.
Public hearing to hear citizen input on the potential rezoning of 5015 Highway 96 of the approximately 44-acre parcel from R-A (Agriculture) to R-8 (1 & 2 family residential). The applicant is requesting to rezone the 44+/-acre parcel of land in order to develop the property for a residential subdivision which will be added to the 88 +/- parcel that was rezoned in September 2018.
Consider approving a rezoning request of an approximately 44-acre parcel from R–A (Residential Agriculture) to R-8 (1 & 2 Family Residential). The applicants T. Chase Massey, PE, and Mark D. Wells parcel owner would like to rezone the property which will be added to the previously approved 88-acre parcel for a residential subdivision adjacent to the Rolling Wood Subdivision off of Hwy 96. The Planning Board reviewed the request at the October meeting and find that the requested rezoning of the property is consistent with the City of Oxford’s comprehensive land use map.
Connect With The Author
- Help Needed in Identifying F-150 Involved in Vance Construction Theft - December 14, 2018
- NC General Assembly Approves Deadline Extension for Agricultural Disaster Program - December 14, 2018
- Elevated Flood Risk for All of Central NC Through Early Next Week - December 14, 2018
- H-V Chamber & VGCC Partner to Present WOVEN – Networking Opportunities for Women - December 14, 2018
- Vance Co. Deputies Arrest Four on Charges of Narcotics Sales & Use - December 13, 2018
- Calling All Emerging Community Leaders: Time to Apply for Leadership Vance 2019 - December 13, 2018
- Public Hearing on Possible Middle School Consolidation Slated for Dec. 18 - December 13, 2018
- Woman Wanted for Questioning in Nans Lane Break-In - December 13, 2018
- Back by Popular Demand: Masters of Soul to Return to McGregor Hall - December 13, 2018
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Locates, Arrests Six Local Absconders - December 12, 2018