-Information courtesy Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk, City of Oxford
The City of Oxford Board of Commissioners will hold their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, December 11, 2018, at 7 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Board Room, City Hall.
Agenda items include:
Presentation by the Oxford Police Department – Crime Rate.
Recognize Janice Murphy – Officer of the Year.
Public hearing to hear citizen input on the potential rezoning of 5015 Highway 96 of the approximately 44-acre parcel from R-A (Agriculture) to R-8 (1 & 2 family residential). The applicant is requesting to rezone the 44+/-acre parcel of land in order to develop the property for a residential subdivision which will be added to the 88 +/- parcel that was rezoned in September 2018.
Consider approving a rezoning request of an approximately 44-acre parcel from R–A (Residential Agriculture) to R-8 (1 & 2 Family Residential). The applicants T. Chase Massey, PE, and Mark D. Wells parcel owner would like to rezone the property which will be added to the previously approved 88-acre parcel for a residential subdivision adjacent to the Rolling Wood Subdivision off of Hwy 96. The Planning Board reviewed the request at the October meeting and find that the requested rezoning of the property is consistent with the City of Oxford’s comprehensive land use map.
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019