100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Come join the fun and celebrate the 130th anniversary of Mary Potter Academy/High School. A school reunion will be held July 19 – 21, 2019, in Oxford, NC.
A parade will be held Saturday, July 20 beginning at 9:30 a.m. The parade is open to the public and will start and end at the George C. Shaw Museum located at 202 McClanahan Street in Oxford.
The parade will follow Williamsboro, Hillsborough and Broad Street in downtown Oxford.
Event planners are looking for bands, floats of all kinds, vintage cars, fancy trucks and your team spirit.
Food trucks and more will be available at the gym on Lanier Street.
For more information, please call Rosalyn M. Green (301) 351-4850, Gloria G. Hawkins (919) 691-1291 or Janet Baptiste Jones (240) 447-2014.
For more information on the Mary Potter School, visit their Facebook page (click here).
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019