-Information courtesy Maria Parham Health
Due to high levels of viruses in the community, Maria Parham Health is implementing seasonal influenza precautions. Visitation restrictions will be in place during peak flu season, which generally lasts through the first of April. Our primary goal at Maria Parham Health is to provide the best quality of care in an environment that is safe for our patients. To protect them, at times we must manage their exposure to illnesses that are easily spread, like the flu.
We carefully monitor flu activity levels in our hospitals and the community. When certain thresholds are met, we must take action to halt the spread and limit the number of visitors allowed in our patient areas. Due to the high numbers of respiratory illness and influenza, Maria Parham Health has implemented visitor restrictions.
If you are visiting our hospital during flu season, please be prepared for limited visitation restrictions and safety hygiene requests to be made:
Visitors are limited to two immediate family members or designated adult caregivers, who have no fever, cough, or other flu-like symptoms.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit unless for a medical appointment or an ED visit.
All persons with flu symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting, extreme tiredness, muscle aches and or diarrhea), please do not visit patients.
Visitors are asked to wash hands frequently. Foam hand cleanser is available throughout the building
If you are here for services and have flu symptoms, please ask for a mask upon arrival.
You may see some of our staff wearing masks as a safety precaution for our patients.
To help prevent the spread of flu germs outside of the hospital, please wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol hand gel and encourage others to do so as well.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Schools Addresses Coronavirus Concerns - February 28, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Wins Regional Award - February 28, 2020
- Reminder: One-Stop Early Voting for March Primary Ends This Weekend - February 28, 2020
- Perry Memorial Library and VITA Offering Free Tax Preparation Services - February 28, 2020
- H-V Chamber of Commerce Announces 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities - February 28, 2020
- Granville Board of Education to Meet March 2 - February 28, 2020
- Deported Alien, Found in Warren Co., Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges - February 28, 2020
- Local Granville-Vance Health Director Attends White House Coronavirus Briefing - February 27, 2020
- VGCC Succeeds By Going ‘All-In’ for CDL - February 27, 2020
- Tax Assistance Available for Veterans, Elderly/Disabled Warren Residents - February 27, 2020