-Information courtesy Maria Parham Health
Due to high levels of viruses in the community, Maria Parham Health is implementing seasonal influenza precautions. Visitation restrictions will be in place during peak flu season, which generally lasts through the first of April. Our primary goal at Maria Parham Health is to provide the best quality of care in an environment that is safe for our patients. To protect them, at times we must manage their exposure to illnesses that are easily spread, like the flu.
We carefully monitor flu activity levels in our hospitals and the community. When certain thresholds are met, we must take action to halt the spread and limit the number of visitors allowed in our patient areas. Due to the high numbers of respiratory illness and influenza, Maria Parham Health has implemented visitor restrictions.
If you are visiting our hospital during flu season, please be prepared for limited visitation restrictions and safety hygiene requests to be made:
Visitors are limited to two immediate family members or designated adult caregivers, who have no fever, cough, or other flu-like symptoms.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit unless for a medical appointment or an ED visit.
All persons with flu symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting, extreme tiredness, muscle aches and or diarrhea), please do not visit patients.
Visitors are asked to wash hands frequently. Foam hand cleanser is available throughout the building
If you are here for services and have flu symptoms, please ask for a mask upon arrival.
You may see some of our staff wearing masks as a safety precaution for our patients.
To help prevent the spread of flu germs outside of the hospital, please wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol hand gel and encourage others to do so as well.
Connect With The Author
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019
- Henderson-Vance Chamber Looking for Small Business of the Year Nominees - March 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Approves Calendars for 2019-2020 School Year - March 21, 2019
- Deadline to Register for Junior Firefighter Program Extended - March 21, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory School Announces 3rd Quarter Honor Roll for 6th Grade - March 21, 2019