The Chamber’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the 2019 speaker and entertainer for the annual banquet is Bill Leslie, an award-winning journalist and internationally acclaimed musician and composer. He retired from the anchor desk in 2018 after 34 years at WRAL-TV.
Leslie’s award-winning documentaries, his talents as “one of the greats in modern Celtic music,” and a popular storyteller and author are expected to draw a very large attendance for the Chamber’s 77th Annual Banquet in January.
The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Recognition Committee announces that the committee is accepting nominations for the 2019 John Penn Citizen of the Year Award. This prestigious award, named for Granville County’s signer of the Declaration of Independence, is presented at the Chamber’s Annual Membership Banquet. The 2019 event will be held Monday, January 28, 2019, in the Civic Center at Vance-Granville Community College.
Nomination forms may be obtained at a Chamber office or may be downloaded from the Chamber’s website, www.granville-chamber.com.
This award was designed to recognize a person(s) for outstanding service to the community. Past recipients include Dr. Joseph Colson, Mrs. Robinette Husketh, Hubert Gooch, Rev. G. C. Hawley, Mrs. Gladys Satterwhite, Hugh Currin, Sr., Rev. Harrison Simons, Tom Speed, John Mackie, Dr. Roy Noblin, Dr. David Noel, John K. Nelms, J. J. Medford, Mrs. Mildred A. Jenkins, Tom Johnson, Mrs. Virginia Tuck, L. Clement Yancey, Mrs. Nancy W. Darden, Leonard M. Dunn, Mrs. Carlene Fletcher, Hubert L. Cox, Leonard Peace, Sr., Marshall Tanner, Harold Sherman, Boyce Harvey Paul Kiesow, Ms. Johnsie Cunningham, Stan Fox, Doan and Bette Laursen, Dr. John B. Hardy, Jr., L. C. Adcock, Jim Crawford, Xavier Wortham, Dr. Richard and Julia Ann Taylor, Gary Bowman, James “Lump” and Mary Ann Lumpkins and Laura Gable.
Nominations are due Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Connect With The Author
- Education Veteran to Address VGCC Basic Skills Grads - April 23, 2019
- Let’s End School Bullying! ‘Stop Bullying for Jacob’ Forum – May 6 - April 23, 2019
- Kerr Lake Park Watch: Upcoming 2019 Fishing Tournaments - April 23, 2019
- ‘A Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr.’ by David Hayes Coming to McGregor Hall - April 23, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Arrests Accused Sex Offender - April 23, 2019
- Oxford Public Safety Committee to Discuss Parking, U-Turns – April 25 - April 23, 2019
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019