Applications are available for the upcoming 2018 Leadership Vance Program! Interested professionals who live or work in Vance County are invited to apply. The program will be limited to a maximum of 25 participants who will be selected to represent all backgrounds, occupations and geographic areas of Vance County. The Leadership Vance program is designed to create a group of informed and dedicated leaders who will contribute to the community after graduation. The program informs, challenges and educates the participants on the opportunities and needs of the community and will strengthen their leadership skills while learning about the social, economic, and political dynamics that shape the community. The intensive training and exposure to all aspects of the community will provide participants with the historical background and the skills necessary for volunteer civic and community positions. It will also benefit participants in their business and career goals.
Brochures for the upcoming year will be available in early January with the first session to be held in February. The 10-session program will conclude in June and the cost for participating is $325 for Chamber members and $400 for non-Chamber members. Included in the price are all expenses, meals and materials. Participants are exposed to various aspects of Henderson and Vance County, specifically in regard to city and county government, health and community resources, economic development, agriculture and natural resources, history and media, and criminal justice and law. All potential participants should submit a completed application to the Chamber office no later than Wednesday, January 17, 2018. Notifications will be made by Wednesday, January 31, 2018. For more information, contact Director of Administration
and Events, Melanie Mann at the Chamber at 438-8414 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Mother’s Day Weekend Concert at McGregor Hall - April 26, 2018
- Oxford’s Second Annual Multicultural Festival – Saturday, May 12 - April 26, 2018
- BIG DAY in Warren County 4-28-18 - April 26, 2018
- It’s Warren County Map Time! - April 26, 2018
- Warren County Farmers Market Now Open! - April 25, 2018
- Northern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- Warren Co. Chamber of Commerce Office Moving - April 25, 2018
- Southern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- 4th Annual Hawg in the Holler Musical Festival – Sat. April 28 - April 25, 2018
- Boards & Commissions Committee to Meet Friday, April 27 - April 25, 2018