Applications are available for the upcoming 2018 Leadership Vance Program! Interested professionals who live or work in Vance County are invited to apply. The program will be limited to a maximum of 25 participants who will be selected to represent all backgrounds, occupations and geographic areas of Vance County. The Leadership Vance program is designed to create a group of informed and dedicated leaders who will contribute to the community after graduation. The program informs, challenges and educates the participants on the opportunities and needs of the community and will strengthen their leadership skills while learning about the social, economic, and political dynamics that shape the community. The intensive training and exposure to all aspects of the community will provide participants with the historical background and the skills necessary for volunteer civic and community positions. It will also benefit participants in their business and career goals.
Brochures for the upcoming year will be available in early January with the first session to be held in February. The 10-session program will conclude in June and the cost for participating is $325 for Chamber members and $400 for non-Chamber members. Included in the price are all expenses, meals and materials. Participants are exposed to various aspects of Henderson and Vance County, specifically in regard to city and county government, health and community resources, economic development, agriculture and natural resources, history and media, and criminal justice and law. All potential participants should submit a completed application to the Chamber office no later than Wednesday, January 17, 2018. Notifications will be made by Wednesday, January 31, 2018. For more information, contact Director of Administration
and Events, Melanie Mann at the Chamber at 438-8414 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools: ‘We Promise to Do What is Necessary’ to Provide Lunch/Breakfast - January 18, 2019
- Young St. in Henderson to Become One-Way; Court St. Traffic Flow to Reverse - January 18, 2019
- Applications Now Being Accepted for 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Pre-Kindergarten Site Selection Process Now Open - January 18, 2019
- Local Youth Encouraged to Register for 5th Annual African-American Quiz Bowl - January 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Board to Hear Presentations, Make Appointments at Jan 22 Meeting - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Addresses Meal Changes During Govt. Shutdown - January 17, 2019
- Granville Co. Teacher of the Year Named WRAL’s Teacher of the Week - January 17, 2019
- Registration for H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Baseball & Softball Begins Feb. 2 - January 17, 2019
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019