The Granville County Chamber of Commerce is providing an opportunity for inquiring minds to participate in the 29th LEADERSHIP GRANVILLE CLASS. Individuals with a sincere and genuine interest in future service to the community and those who have demonstrated commitment to previous community activities are encouraged to apply.
The program provides an education about various facets of Granville County, and all graduates have praised the program for presenting many aspects of our county. Individuals interested in assuming leadership positions within their organization and/or community will find the knowledge gained in the program to be an asset. Class sessions will begin mid-September and end with graduation in early April.
The program consists of approximately twenty sessions. The length of the sessions varies from daylong to half day and some evening. Session highlights include leadership assessment and development, personal and group dynamics, county history, city-county-state governments, education, the arts, agriculture, economics-industry-small business, health services and volunteer agencies, human services, community support, tourism, judiciary and law enforcement, visiting manufacturers, farm, industries, businesses, etc.
Sponsored by the Granville County Chamber of Commerce, Granville County Public Schools and Vance-Granville Community College, Leadership Granville offers citizens of Granville County the opportunity to acquire knowledge of the community and develop their leadership potential. It offers new citizens an opportunity to become personally and professionally acquainted with county structure and life, which can benefit their present and future leadership.
Interested individuals should contact one of the Chamber’s office locations – 124 Hillsboro Street in Oxford/Wanda, 919.693.6125, [email protected] or 1598 Highway #56, Butner/Toni Anne, 919.528.4994, [email protected] to request an interest flyer and class session schedule for the year.
Connect With The Author
- Third Arrest Made in Homicide of Adonious Hawkins Jr. - July 22, 2019
- Reminder: Youth to Entertain With ‘Lion King, Jr’ This Weekend - July 22, 2019
- Granville Selects Open Broadband, LLC to Expand Internet Access - July 22, 2019
- US Attorney’s Office Partners With AARP & FBI on Elder Justice Initiative - July 22, 2019
- Vance Public Safety Committee Meeting Rescheduled - July 22, 2019
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019