The Granville County Chamber of Commerce is providing an opportunity for inquiring minds to participate in the 29th LEADERSHIP GRANVILLE CLASS. Individuals with a sincere and genuine interest in future service to the community and those who have demonstrated commitment to previous community activities are encouraged to apply.
The program provides an education about various facets of Granville County, and all graduates have praised the program for presenting many aspects of our county. Individuals interested in assuming leadership positions within their organization and/or community will find the knowledge gained in the program to be an asset. Class sessions will begin mid-September and end with graduation in early April.
The program consists of approximately twenty sessions. The length of the sessions varies from daylong to half day and some evening. Session highlights include leadership assessment and development, personal and group dynamics, county history, city-county-state governments, education, the arts, agriculture, economics-industry-small business, health services and volunteer agencies, human services, community support, tourism, judiciary and law enforcement, visiting manufacturers, farm, industries, businesses, etc.
Sponsored by the Granville County Chamber of Commerce, Granville County Public Schools and Vance-Granville Community College, Leadership Granville offers citizens of Granville County the opportunity to acquire knowledge of the community and develop their leadership potential. It offers new citizens an opportunity to become personally and professionally acquainted with county structure and life, which can benefit their present and future leadership.
Interested individuals should contact one of the Chamber’s office locations – 124 Hillsboro Street in Oxford/Wanda, 919.693.6125, [email protected] or 1598 Highway #56, Butner/Toni Anne, 919.528.4994, [email protected] to request an interest flyer and class session schedule for the year.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC President, Student Leader Celebrate College’s 50th Graduating Class - May 24, 2019
- Vance Co. Early College High School Graduates 33 Seniors - May 24, 2019
- Creedmoor Man Sentenced to 27 Years on Child Pornography Charges - May 24, 2019
- Opening/Dedication of VCRFM’s Memorial Garden Scheduled for June 12 - May 24, 2019
- Michael East Confirmed as US Marshal for NC’s Eastern District - May 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering High Energy Aerobics Class - May 24, 2019
- New Covenant Christian Center Looking for a Music Minister, Keyboard Player - May 24, 2019
- Warren Co. to Hold ‘Listening Session’ on Mental Health, Substance Misuse - May 24, 2019
- Dabney Drive Drug Arrest Made on Youngsville Man - May 23, 2019
- Durham Woman Sentenced for Heroin Distribution in Henderson - May 23, 2019