-Information courtesy Frank Wiggins, Headmaster, Kerr Vance Academy
The Spartan baseball team came up huge on Tuesday evening defeating Wayne Christian 7-1 at Boyd Field.
Senior Wil Short started on the mound for the Spartans, allowing only 1 hit and 1 run striking out 3. Cam Murphy came in as relief allowing no hits and no runs while striking out 6. The offense was led by Colby Wilkerson, 2 for 3 (2 doubles and 1 RBI), RJ Johnson, 3 for 3, with an HR, and Matt Overton, 2 for 3 at the plate with 3 RBI’s.
The Spartans advance to Wilson’s Fleming Stadium for a three-game championship series beginning on Friday, May 18 at 6 p.m.
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools: ‘We Promise to Do What is Necessary’ to Provide Lunch/Breakfast - January 18, 2019
- Young St. in Henderson to Become One-Way; Court St. Traffic Flow to Reverse - January 18, 2019
- Applications Now Being Accepted for 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Pre-Kindergarten Site Selection Process Now Open - January 18, 2019
- Local Youth Encouraged to Register for 5th Annual African-American Quiz Bowl - January 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Board to Hear Presentations, Make Appointments at Jan 22 Meeting - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Addresses Meal Changes During Govt. Shutdown - January 17, 2019
- Granville Co. Teacher of the Year Named WRAL’s Teacher of the Week - January 17, 2019
- Registration for H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Baseball & Softball Begins Feb. 2 - January 17, 2019
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019