-Information courtesy Frank Wiggins, Headmaster, Kerr Vance Academy
The Spartan baseball team came up huge on Tuesday evening defeating Wayne Christian 7-1 at Boyd Field.
Senior Wil Short started on the mound for the Spartans, allowing only 1 hit and 1 run striking out 3. Cam Murphy came in as relief allowing no hits and no runs while striking out 6. The offense was led by Colby Wilkerson, 2 for 3 (2 doubles and 1 RBI), RJ Johnson, 3 for 3, with an HR, and Matt Overton, 2 for 3 at the plate with 3 RBI’s.
The Spartans advance to Wilson’s Fleming Stadium for a three-game championship series beginning on Friday, May 18 at 6 p.m.
Connect With The Author
- Think You Know Vance Co. Pretty Well? Prove it With This Scavenger Hunt! - October 19, 2018
- Guild Gift Gallery Volunteers Create New VGCC Scholarship - October 19, 2018
- Granville County Survey to Help Determine Tourism Strategies - October 19, 2018
- Tickets on Sale Now for Reverse Raffle to Benefit ‘Shop With a Cop’ and H-V Chamber - October 19, 2018
- Become a Part of Historic Downtown Henderson With an Engraved Granite Paver - October 19, 2018
- In Aftermath of Michael, Dept. of Justice Warns Public to Be Aware of Fraud - October 19, 2018
- Annual Granville Co. Veterans Day Parade to be Held Sun., Nov. 4 - October 19, 2018
- Warrenton Rotary Club Holding Pancake Dinner Fundraiser at Mariam Boyd Elem. - October 19, 2018
- H-V Chamber & Dept. of Social Services to Host Work Force Job & Resource Fair - October 18, 2018
- ‘Operation Medicine Drop’ Tomorrow at Oxford Police Dept. - October 18, 2018