There will be a Kids in Parks Track Trail ribbon cutting at Granville Athletic Park Friday, April 20 at 3:30 p.m.
According to an email from Charla Duncan, management analyst and JCPC coordinator with Granville County, “We’re gearing up for Earth Day weekend! This is one more reminder before our grand opening of our Kids in Parks TRACK Trail program at the Granville Athletic Park! The kiosk will be installed at the first trail entrance of the park (enter through the main entrance of the GAP off of Belltown Road). We encourage you to bring your family! The activities for this trail are geared toward 6-12 year-olds. Consider registering your child prior to the event.”
The web page www.kidsinparks.com says, “Kids in Parks is an expanding network of family-friendly outdoor adventures called TRACK Trails. Each TRACK Trail features self-guided brochures and signs that turn your visit into a fun and exciting outdoors experience.”
The idea is to get kids unplugged from electronic devices and to get them outside doing physical activity.
Connect With The Author
- Sheriff Brame Gets More Personnel; May Lead To Other Cuts - May 22, 2019
- Current Tradio Items - May 22, 2019
- DSS and Senior Center to former Eaton Johnson Moving Forward - May 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - May 20, 2019
- Update: No Serious Injuries Reported in Warren Co. Activity Bus Rollover - March 25, 2019
- More Food Trucks on the Way for Farmers Market - March 13, 2019
- Town Talk 03/06/19 - March 6, 2019
- Town Talk 03/05/19 - March 6, 2019
- Ms. Ellis Found OK - March 2, 2019
- Silver Alert Issued for Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019