There will be a Kids in Parks Track Trail ribbon cutting at Granville Athletic Park Friday, April 20 at 3:30 p.m.
According to an email from Charla Duncan, management analyst and JCPC coordinator with Granville County, “We’re gearing up for Earth Day weekend! This is one more reminder before our grand opening of our Kids in Parks TRACK Trail program at the Granville Athletic Park! The kiosk will be installed at the first trail entrance of the park (enter through the main entrance of the GAP off of Belltown Road). We encourage you to bring your family! The activities for this trail are geared toward 6-12 year-olds. Consider registering your child prior to the event.”
The web page www.kidsinparks.com says, “Kids in Parks is an expanding network of family-friendly outdoor adventures called TRACK Trails. Each TRACK Trail features self-guided brochures and signs that turn your visit into a fun and exciting outdoors experience.”
The idea is to get kids unplugged from electronic devices and to get them outside doing physical activity.
Connect With The Author
- McGregor Hall’s Popularity Continues to Grow, Study to Determine Economic Impact - November 14, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - November 14, 2018
- Current Public Service Announcements - November 12, 2018
- Vance County Sheriff General Election Results 2018 - November 6, 2018
- Radio, Newspaper, Chamber Present Candidates Forum - October 14, 2018
- CURFEW IN HENDERSON, NC UNTIL 7:30 A.M., OCT 12, 2018 - October 11, 2018
- Weather Briefing: Hurricane Michael - October 11, 2018
- All Vance County Schools will be closed for students on Thursday, October 11 - October 10, 2018
- McGregor Hall – Unique Economic, Cultural Opportunity - October 8, 2018
- Brian Short H-V Dir Emergency Management 11am 9-12-18 - September 12, 2018