There will be a Kids in Parks Track Trail ribbon cutting at Granville Athletic Park Friday, April 20 at 3:30 p.m.
According to an email from Charla Duncan, management analyst and JCPC coordinator with Granville County, “We’re gearing up for Earth Day weekend! This is one more reminder before our grand opening of our Kids in Parks TRACK Trail program at the Granville Athletic Park! The kiosk will be installed at the first trail entrance of the park (enter through the main entrance of the GAP off of Belltown Road). We encourage you to bring your family! The activities for this trail are geared toward 6-12 year-olds. Consider registering your child prior to the event.”
The web page www.kidsinparks.com says, “Kids in Parks is an expanding network of family-friendly outdoor adventures called TRACK Trails. Each TRACK Trail features self-guided brochures and signs that turn your visit into a fun and exciting outdoors experience.”
The idea is to get kids unplugged from electronic devices and to get them outside doing physical activity.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - March 30, 2020
- TownTalk 03/30/2020 (Places You Can Go) - March 30, 2020
- Vance County Situation Report 3/28/20 - March 28, 2020
- Current Public Service Announcements - March 27, 2020
- Clerk of Superior Court Vance County Update 3-25-20 - March 25, 2020
- Vance County DSS Service Changes - March 23, 2020
- Warren County Operations Updates 3/23/2020 - March 23, 2020
- Situation Report – As Expected, Vance Has A Case - March 22, 2020
- U.S. ATTORNEY URGES PUBLIC TO REPORT SUSPECTED COVID-19 FRAUD - March 21, 2020
- Walmart D.C. Hiring On 24-Hour Application Cycle - March 21, 2020