There will be a Kids in Parks Track Trail ribbon cutting at Granville Athletic Park Friday, April 20 at 3:30 p.m.
According to an email from Charla Duncan, management analyst and JCPC coordinator with Granville County, “We’re gearing up for Earth Day weekend! This is one more reminder before our grand opening of our Kids in Parks TRACK Trail program at the Granville Athletic Park! The kiosk will be installed at the first trail entrance of the park (enter through the main entrance of the GAP off of Belltown Road). We encourage you to bring your family! The activities for this trail are geared toward 6-12 year-olds. Consider registering your child prior to the event.”
The web page www.kidsinparks.com says, “Kids in Parks is an expanding network of family-friendly outdoor adventures called TRACK Trails. Each TRACK Trail features self-guided brochures and signs that turn your visit into a fun and exciting outdoors experience.”
The idea is to get kids unplugged from electronic devices and to get them outside doing physical activity.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - January 29, 2020
- Current Public Service Announcements - January 27, 2020
- Oxford PD Making Arrests, Obtaining Warrants, Searching For Suspects - January 14, 2020
- Commissioners Vote to Add Middleburg to Vance Co. Zoning Jurisdiction - January 7, 2020
- New Phone Scam Prompts Sheriff Brame to Issue Further Warnings - December 12, 2019
- News 11-27-19 - November 27, 2019
- National Weather Service Raleigh: Latest Briefing - October 31, 2019
- SHP Identifies Trooper Struck In Vance County Crash - October 23, 2019
- Trooper Injured During Traffic Stop 10-22-19 - October 23, 2019
- Annual Show, Shine Event Draws Estimated 25,000 Visitors to Henderson - October 22, 2019