On the Home and Garden Show with Vance Co. Cooperative Ext.
- Check soil moisture before tilling soil. Tilling soil that is too moist makes clods.
- How do we come up with recommended planting dates?
- Check temps in greenhouses and cold frames when day time temps will be 70 degrees F Provide ventilation to prevent cooking your plants growing in these structures.
- Which plants should be direct seeded, and which should I use transplants?
- ID all your plantings with variety and planting date popsicle sticks and a permanent mark work well.
- Compost your kitchen scraps. Get a countertop bin to hold scraps, then periodically empty into compost pile or bin.
- Check garden equipment. Tillers, sprayers, weed trimmers.