On the Home and Garden Show with Vance Co. Cooperative Ext.
- Take photos of your garden to know how to rotate planting of vegetables next spring
- Conduct your annual shade tree inspection. Use a pair of binoculars to inspect the trunk and limbs for defects, injuries, rot, broken limbs, etc. and contact a professional if you see anything questionable.
- If you have stored sweet potatoes make sure they are located where they will not freeze
- Consider building a small greenhouse this winter that can be used to start seed and raise transplants for next year’s garden. Simple kits are available from various sources.
- Purchase a NC Christmas tree this year
- Continue planting – bulbs, pansies, perennials, trees, shrubs
- Now is the time to collect soil samples. Get samples to us by 5 pm Wed, 11/23 for delivery before fee season. 6 week analysis. Dec 1 fee goes to $4 per sample
- Keep leaves off of seedling grass
- Make a compost bin if you don’t have one already