-Information courtesy Bee Jubilee Coordinator Christi Henthron
On behalf of the Granville County Beekeepers Association (GCBA), you are invited to the 3rd Annual Bee Jubilee on Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Granville County Expo Center in Oxford, NC.
As usual, the Bee Jubilee is held in conjunction with National Pollinator Week, June 18-24.
The Bee Jubilee is a day-long event filled with bee and pollinator-related speakers and demonstrations, local arts and handmade crafts, non-profits, children’s activities, silent auction, honey, North Carolina-grown produce and more!
The Oxford Farmers Market will be joining us and we will have two honey extraction demonstrations.
There are kids activities and over 65 vendors offering information or selling homegrown, handmade, bee or agriculture items. We will have a silent auction and draw the winner of our Year of Honey Raffle.
Our focus is on homegrown, handmade, and local. And of course, we love bees, agriculture and nature too! We can’t make it happen without you!
We have made three major changes for this year’s event:
1- Parking – We will have parking attendants and marked areas to improve traffic flow and safety.
2- Outside space – We will be making use of the livestock arena behind the building. This is a large covered area and use of it will provide a more comfortable and safer vendor and attendee experience than last year. We will have the food trucks and trailers remain in the front of the building.
3- Improved sponsorship opportunities
We hope you join us for a vibrant and fun-filled Bee Jubilee event, to be held at the Granville County Expo Center, located at 4605 US-15, Oxford.
Please call Bee Jubilee Coordinator Christi Henthron at 907.738.9047 or email [email protected] with any questions, comments or ideas. We are hoping to make 2018 the best Bee Jubilee yet!
For more information, including updated schedules, visit the Bee Jubilee Facebook page by clicking here.
Learn more about Pollinator Week at www.pollinator.org!
(This is not a paid advertisement)
Connect With The Author
- Think You Know Vance Co. Pretty Well? Prove it With This Scavenger Hunt! - October 19, 2018
- Guild Gift Gallery Volunteers Create New VGCC Scholarship - October 19, 2018
- Granville County Survey to Help Determine Tourism Strategies - October 19, 2018
- Tickets on Sale Now for Reverse Raffle to Benefit ‘Shop With a Cop’ and H-V Chamber - October 19, 2018
- Become a Part of Historic Downtown Henderson With an Engraved Granite Paver - October 19, 2018
- In Aftermath of Michael, Dept. of Justice Warns Public to Be Aware of Fraud - October 19, 2018
- Annual Granville Co. Veterans Day Parade to be Held Sun., Nov. 4 - October 19, 2018
- Warrenton Rotary Club Holding Pancake Dinner Fundraiser at Mariam Boyd Elem. - October 19, 2018
- H-V Chamber & Dept. of Social Services to Host Work Force Job & Resource Fair - October 18, 2018
- ‘Operation Medicine Drop’ Tomorrow at Oxford Police Dept. - October 18, 2018