100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Press Release and photos, Granville County Government
Granville County’s Spring Shred and Recycle Event, held May 16, 2020, resulted in the collection and proper disposal of truckloads of scrap metal, electronics/televisions, shredded paper, hardback books, household batteries, outdated medications and other items.
Recycle and Sustainability Coordinator Teresa Baker reports the following totals:
* Shred Ace – 5,440 pounds of paper (2.72 tons)
* Metech Recycling – 4,725 pounds of electronics and TV’s
* RMR Recycling – 800 lbs of hardback books
* Dart Container – 1/2 enclosed trailer of polystyrene
* Granville County Sheriff’s Office – 185 pounds of medication and sharps
* Interstate Batteries – four (4) five-gallon buckets of various household batteries, four (4) lead-acid batteries, and a pallet of other batteries
* Granville County Humane Society – 1/2 truckbed full of various items
* GFL = 985 pounds of scrap metal and broken appliances
“I was very pleased with the turnout,” said Baker. “Thanks to all who participated, and to our volunteers who came out to make the day a success.”
Recycling events are held twice a year in Granville County and are scheduled in the spring and fall at the Expo and Convention Center. Details about the fall event will be announced soon.
For additional information or to learn more about local recycling efforts, please contact Baker at 919-725-1417 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.