100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Granville County Government
A proclamation has been issued by the Granville County Board of Commissioners in recognition of the life and service of Mr. Leonard E. Peace, Sr. who has served on the Granville County Board of Education for the past 30 years.
On behalf of the Board, Dr. Tony Cozart presented the proclamation during a surprise reception in Peace’s honor, held on Monday afternoon. Also in attendance to offer their support were Board Chair David Smith and Comm. Zelodis Jay.
Among his many accomplishments, Peace is a past president of the North Carolina School Boards Association and a member of the North Carolina School Boards Association Board of Directors. He was also the recipient of the Raleigh Dingman Award in 2003, the highest honor bestowed on a North Carolina School Board member.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020