100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Granville County Genealogical Society
The Granville County Genealogical Society (www.gcgs.org) will hold its monthly meeting Thursday, September 5, 2019, at 6:30 pm at the Thornton Library, 210 Main Street, Oxford, NC.
Mrs. Kathy Taylor, Register of Deeds for Granville County, will present a new incentive to encourage veterans to record their DD 214 (military discharge). The plan is to issue them a “Thank a Vet” Photo ID Card. This entitles the veteran to receive discounts from participating Granville County businesses.
All veterans with a recorded DD 214 will be given a list of participating businesses and will be instructed to show the Granville County Photo ID to receive the discount or incentive.
If you know of a Granville County veteran, please encourage them to attend to learn of these exciting details.
All GCGS meetings are open to the public, and visitors and guests are invited to attend.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019