100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Granville County Genealogical Society
The Granville County Genealogical Society (www.gcgs.org) will hold its monthly meeting Thursday, September 5, 2019, at 6:30 pm at the Thornton Library, 210 Main Street, Oxford, NC.
Mrs. Kathy Taylor, Register of Deeds for Granville County, will present a new incentive to encourage veterans to record their DD 214 (military discharge). The plan is to issue them a “Thank a Vet” Photo ID Card. This entitles the veteran to receive discounts from participating Granville County businesses.
All veterans with a recorded DD 214 will be given a list of participating businesses and will be instructed to show the Granville County Photo ID to receive the discount or incentive.
If you know of a Granville County veteran, please encourage them to attend to learn of these exciting details.
All GCGS meetings are open to the public, and visitors and guests are invited to attend.
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019