100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Granville County Genealogical Society
The Granville County Genealogical Society (www.gcgs.org) will hold its monthly meeting Thursday, September 5, 2019, at 6:30 pm at the Thornton Library, 210 Main Street, Oxford, NC.
Mrs. Kathy Taylor, Register of Deeds for Granville County, will present a new incentive to encourage veterans to record their DD 214 (military discharge). The plan is to issue them a “Thank a Vet” Photo ID Card. This entitles the veteran to receive discounts from participating Granville County businesses.
All veterans with a recorded DD 214 will be given a list of participating businesses and will be instructed to show the Granville County Photo ID to receive the discount or incentive.
If you know of a Granville County veteran, please encourage them to attend to learn of these exciting details.
All GCGS meetings are open to the public, and visitors and guests are invited to attend.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019