-Press Release, Granville County Public Schools
In order to increase operational efficiency and save money, the Granville County Board of Education has been considering a variety of options to reorganize and restructure several schools across our district.
One of these options includes the merger of JF Webb High School and JF Webb School of Health and Life Sciences (JFW HLS). At a scheduled work session on Tuesday, October 30, the Board of Education approved to merge the two schools beginning with the 2020-2021 academic year. The Board has tasked the schools to immediately begin planning this merger and creating a concept of academy program offerings at the school. These academies will include a Health and Life Sciences course of study which preserves ALL current course offerings at JFW HLS.
Furthermore, the Board has required that this merger NOT result in the loss in any instructional programs or course offerings at JFW HLS. Again, JFW HLS will cease to operate as a school, but ALL of the opportunities students currently have will continue after the merger.
The schools will convene a committee of parents, students and staff from both schools to study the creation and implementation of the NEW JF Webb High School academy structure and develop the curricular design of the programs within the merged school.
The Board and the staff of GCPS believe this merger and redesign of the school will increase opportunity for ALL students on the campus, and unite the community with WARRIOR PRIDE!
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools: ‘We Promise to Do What is Necessary’ to Provide Lunch/Breakfast - January 18, 2019
- Young St. in Henderson to Become One-Way; Court St. Traffic Flow to Reverse - January 18, 2019
- Applications Now Being Accepted for 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Pre-Kindergarten Site Selection Process Now Open - January 18, 2019
- Local Youth Encouraged to Register for 5th Annual African-American Quiz Bowl - January 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Board to Hear Presentations, Make Appointments at Jan 22 Meeting - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Addresses Meal Changes During Govt. Shutdown - January 17, 2019
- Granville Co. Teacher of the Year Named WRAL’s Teacher of the Week - January 17, 2019
- Registration for H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Baseball & Softball Begins Feb. 2 - January 17, 2019
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019