-Press Release, Granville County Public Schools
In order to increase operational efficiency and save money, the Granville County Board of Education has been considering a variety of options to reorganize and restructure several schools across our district.
One of these options includes the merger of JF Webb High School and JF Webb School of Health and Life Sciences (JFW HLS). At a scheduled work session on Tuesday, October 30, the Board of Education approved to merge the two schools beginning with the 2020-2021 academic year. The Board has tasked the schools to immediately begin planning this merger and creating a concept of academy program offerings at the school. These academies will include a Health and Life Sciences course of study which preserves ALL current course offerings at JFW HLS.
Furthermore, the Board has required that this merger NOT result in the loss in any instructional programs or course offerings at JFW HLS. Again, JFW HLS will cease to operate as a school, but ALL of the opportunities students currently have will continue after the merger.
The schools will convene a committee of parents, students and staff from both schools to study the creation and implementation of the NEW JF Webb High School academy structure and develop the curricular design of the programs within the merged school.
The Board and the staff of GCPS believe this merger and redesign of the school will increase opportunity for ALL students on the campus, and unite the community with WARRIOR PRIDE!
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Middle & High School Win First Place in State Video Contest - November 14, 2018
- Baker Tapped as Publisher for High Point Newspaper - November 14, 2018
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for U.S. 401 Improvements Project - November 14, 2018
- Locally-Based Gifted Faithful Ministries Assisting Orphans in India - November 14, 2018
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018