-Press Release, Granville County Chamber of Commerce
You are invited to the Granville Chamber Sunrise Forum on Friday, May 11, 2018, at 7:45 a.m. featuring guest speaker Anthony M. Copeland, N.C. Secretary of Commerce. The forum is hosted by the Town of Butner.
Location: Butner Town Hall – 415 Central Ave., Butner, N.C.
Light breakfast items will be served!
ANTHONY M. COPELAND, Secretary of Commerce, the State of North Carolina
Tony Copeland became North Carolina’s Secretary of Commerce in January 2017, named to the post by Governor Roy Cooper and marking a return to the agency for the experienced business executive. Earlier in his career, Mr. Copeland served as Assistant Commerce Secretary, leading the recruitment of nearly $12 billion in investment and the creation of 100,000 jobs. In this capacity, he worked with numerous international companies in China, Japan, Europe, South Korea and Israel, as well as a variety of domestic companies.
Tony Copeland’s experience spans a wide range of economic development and business leadership roles. During the past decade, as a partner of a major law firm and owner of his own firm, Mr. Copeland has brought significant new corporate investment into North Carolina from both domestic and international sources. He brings an insider’s knowledge of the ways corporate investment and site decisions are made.
Mr. Copeland also served as executive vice president, secretary and general counsel of a telecommunications company, where he led the company’s growth from $38 million in revenues to more than $250 million. He led the senior executive team that secured $500 million in equity financing and planned, financed and installed more than 5,000 miles of fiber optic cable in the Carolinas and along the eastern seaboard. A native of Perquimans County, Mr. Copeland is a graduate of Duke University and the Western Michigan University School of Law.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Middle & High School Win First Place in State Video Contest - November 14, 2018
- Baker Tapped as Publisher for High Point Newspaper - November 14, 2018
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for U.S. 401 Improvements Project - November 14, 2018
- Locally-Based Gifted Faithful Ministries Assisting Orphans in India - November 14, 2018
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018