— News Release
GRANVILLE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S 76th ANNUAL BANQUET
MONDAY, JANUARY 29, 2018; 6:30 PM
VANCE-GRANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE’S CIVIC CENTER
Featured speaker: Adrian H. Wood, PhD.: “TALES of an EDUCATED DEBUTANTE”
In celebration of 76 years, the Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors announces Adrian H. Wood, PhD., author of “Tales of an Educated Debutante” will be the featured speaker. “She is a rural Eastern North Carolina mother of four – one with extra-special needs – past preschool teacher, nanny, children’s ski instructor, early interventionist, college professor, early childhood researcher, wife and full-time mama. In writing after a twenty year hiatus, she offers personal glimpses where satire meets truth, faith meets irony, despair meets joy and this educated debutante escapes the laundry and finds true meaning in graceful transparency.”
The evening will once again include the presentation of the Chamber’s most prestigious award, the John Penn Citizen of the Year Award, recognizing outstanding community service.
A buffet dinner will be provided. Tickets are $40 each. Corporate tables of 8, with reserved seating, are available for $300.00. Corporate tables of 10, reserved seating, are available for $380.00. Reservations are required prior to the event. Checks or credit card payments are accepted by contacting one of the Chamber’s offices – 919.693.6125/Wanda, [email protected] or 919.528.4994/Toni Anne, [email protected].
Banquet sponsors are: B B & T, CERTAINTEED, DUKE ENERGY; GRANVILLE HEALTH SYSTEM, HICKS AND WRENN, LLP, THE SCHOOL OF GRAPHIC ARTS and VANNESS CHEVROLET.
Connect With The Author
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018
- Henderson Institute Historical Museum to Host ‘Great Gatsby Gala’ at KLCC - November 12, 2018
- Yoga, Slide N Glide & Youth Basketball Extended at Aycock Rec. Center - November 12, 2018
- Leah Hinton to Perform at ‘A Night of Jazz Benefit Concert’ - November 12, 2018
- Reminder: Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Tour District 5 - November 12, 2018