— News Release
GRANVILLE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S 76th ANNUAL BANQUET
MONDAY, JANUARY 29, 2018; 6:30 PM
VANCE-GRANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE’S CIVIC CENTER
Featured speaker: Adrian H. Wood, PhD.: “TALES of an EDUCATED DEBUTANTE”
In celebration of 76 years, the Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors announces Adrian H. Wood, PhD., author of “Tales of an Educated Debutante” will be the featured speaker. “She is a rural Eastern North Carolina mother of four – one with extra-special needs – past preschool teacher, nanny, children’s ski instructor, early interventionist, college professor, early childhood researcher, wife and full-time mama. In writing after a twenty year hiatus, she offers personal glimpses where satire meets truth, faith meets irony, despair meets joy and this educated debutante escapes the laundry and finds true meaning in graceful transparency.”
The evening will once again include the presentation of the Chamber’s most prestigious award, the John Penn Citizen of the Year Award, recognizing outstanding community service.
A buffet dinner will be provided. Tickets are $40 each. Corporate tables of 8, with reserved seating, are available for $300.00. Corporate tables of 10, reserved seating, are available for $380.00. Reservations are required prior to the event. Checks or credit card payments are accepted by contacting one of the Chamber’s offices – 919.693.6125/Wanda, [email protected] or 919.528.4994/Toni Anne, [email protected].
Banquet sponsors are: B B & T, CERTAINTEED, DUKE ENERGY; GRANVILLE HEALTH SYSTEM, HICKS AND WRENN, LLP, THE SCHOOL OF GRAPHIC ARTS and VANNESS CHEVROLET.
Connect With The Author
- Karen Peck & New River Bring A Spiritual ‘Revival’ To Henderson - February 20, 2018
- VGCC students awarded Golden LEAF scholarships - February 20, 2018
- Bank Robbery Suspect Apprehended (2-20-18) - February 20, 2018
- Individual Shot Near Marketplace Saturday – Suspect Surrendered Monday - February 19, 2018
- VGCC receives $200,000 grant from Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas to connect students with apprenticeship opportunities - February 16, 2018
- HPD Officer Involved Shooting Feb 15, 2018 - February 16, 2018
- HPD Traffic Stop Yields Two Drug Arrests 2-14-18 - February 15, 2018
- HPD Looking for Suspect in Medical Arts Theft - February 15, 2018
- Henderson City Council Planning Retreat 2018 - February 15, 2018
- VGCC to hold Business Technologies event - February 15, 2018