— News Release
GRANVILLE COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S 76th ANNUAL BANQUET
MONDAY, JANUARY 29, 2018; 6:30 PM
VANCE-GRANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE’S CIVIC CENTER
Featured speaker: Adrian H. Wood, PhD.: “TALES of an EDUCATED DEBUTANTE”
In celebration of 76 years, the Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors announces Adrian H. Wood, PhD., author of “Tales of an Educated Debutante” will be the featured speaker. “She is a rural Eastern North Carolina mother of four – one with extra-special needs – past preschool teacher, nanny, children’s ski instructor, early interventionist, college professor, early childhood researcher, wife and full-time mama. In writing after a twenty year hiatus, she offers personal glimpses where satire meets truth, faith meets irony, despair meets joy and this educated debutante escapes the laundry and finds true meaning in graceful transparency.”
The evening will once again include the presentation of the Chamber’s most prestigious award, the John Penn Citizen of the Year Award, recognizing outstanding community service.
A buffet dinner will be provided. Tickets are $40 each. Corporate tables of 8, with reserved seating, are available for $300.00. Corporate tables of 10, reserved seating, are available for $380.00. Reservations are required prior to the event. Checks or credit card payments are accepted by contacting one of the Chamber’s offices – 919.693.6125/Wanda, [email protected] or 919.528.4994/Toni Anne, [email protected].
Banquet sponsors are: B B & T, CERTAINTEED, DUKE ENERGY; GRANVILLE HEALTH SYSTEM, HICKS AND WRENN, LLP, THE SCHOOL OF GRAPHIC ARTS and VANNESS CHEVROLET.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018