100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Press Release, Granville County Public Schools
Granville County Public Schools has two important updates to share about academic and nutritional support for our students.
First, GCPS is providing an extended learning plan for March 16-30 for all students to ensure they can continue their learning while school is not in session. This supplemental learning can take place virtually or through the use of teacher-made handouts.
All supplemental assignments will be aligned to current units or focus on reviewing content previously taught. Copies of assignments for those students that do not have internet access will be in the front office of your child’s school from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17. They will also be available on the school and district websites and through social media beginning at 11 a.m. tomorrow. Other pickup times can be arranged by contacting your child’s school.
Second, we will be extending our drive-thru meal service to more than 25 sites by the end of the week. School buses will be parked at various locations throughout the county to provide FREE meals to all children ages 2-18.
No documentation or paperwork is required, and children do NOT need to be present to pick up the meals. Simply drive through and grab what you need for your children – no strings attached! NO child should go hungry during this time. Details to follow soon!
In the meantime, we will continue drive-thru meal service tomorrow at BSMS, MTEES and CGCES from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Please encourage your students to continue learning and don’t forget to wash those hands!
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020