— from Dr. Stan Winborne, Granville County Public Schools
Despite anything you may have seen or heard previous to this message, Granville County Public School (GCPS) has changed its mind, and there is no school Wednesday for all students.
Please read now this full message from GCPS.
Good evening GCPS Families. We are calling again this evening with some changes to our schedule for tomorrow. Shortly after making the decision to have a three hour delay for tomorrow, the National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory for the widespread formation of black ice on our roadways, which could last into the late morning hours.
After consulting with staff at Granville County Emergency Management Department, we have decided to err on the side of caution and CANCEL school for all students for Wednesday, December 12. It appears as if road conditions could be potentially too dangerous for our buses and young drivers tomorrow morning.
We apologize for the change in plans, but after receiving new information, feel we must act with the safety of our students and staff in mind. Please be safe in your travels tomorrow.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019