— from Dr. Stan Winborne, Granville County Public Schools
Despite anything you may have seen or heard previous to this message, Granville County Public School (GCPS) has changed its mind, and there is no school Wednesday for all students.
Please read now this full message from GCPS.
Good evening GCPS Families. We are calling again this evening with some changes to our schedule for tomorrow. Shortly after making the decision to have a three hour delay for tomorrow, the National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory for the widespread formation of black ice on our roadways, which could last into the late morning hours.
After consulting with staff at Granville County Emergency Management Department, we have decided to err on the side of caution and CANCEL school for all students for Wednesday, December 12. It appears as if road conditions could be potentially too dangerous for our buses and young drivers tomorrow morning.
We apologize for the change in plans, but after receiving new information, feel we must act with the safety of our students and staff in mind. Please be safe in your travels tomorrow.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - January 16, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - January 15, 2019
- Breckenridge Pavilion Project Slowly, but Surely, Moving Ahead - January 14, 2019
- A TRIBUTE TO SAM WATKINS - January 6, 2019
- Man Shot Dead, HPD Asking For Assistance - January 6, 2019
- Re-Elected Board of Education Members Sworn In to New Terms - December 18, 2018
- Another Mexican Restaurant Burns! Habanero Grill Catches Fire in Early Morning Hours - December 17, 2018
- VGCC is closed on Wednesday, Dec. 12 - December 11, 2018
- Vance Co. Schools Out 12-12-18 For Students - December 11, 2018
- GCPS Changes Mind – No School for Students 12-12-18 - December 11, 2018