— from Dr. Stan Winborne, Granville County Public Schools
Despite anything you may have seen or heard previous to this message, Granville County Public School (GCPS) has changed its mind, and there is no school Wednesday for all students.
Please read now this full message from GCPS.
Good evening GCPS Families. We are calling again this evening with some changes to our schedule for tomorrow. Shortly after making the decision to have a three hour delay for tomorrow, the National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory for the widespread formation of black ice on our roadways, which could last into the late morning hours.
After consulting with staff at Granville County Emergency Management Department, we have decided to err on the side of caution and CANCEL school for all students for Wednesday, December 12. It appears as if road conditions could be potentially too dangerous for our buses and young drivers tomorrow morning.
We apologize for the change in plans, but after receiving new information, feel we must act with the safety of our students and staff in mind. Please be safe in your travels tomorrow.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - March 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - March 19, 2019
- More Food Trucks on the Way for Farmers Market - March 13, 2019
- Town Talk 03/06/19 - March 6, 2019
- Town Talk 03/05/19 - March 6, 2019
- Ms. Ellis Found OK - March 2, 2019
- Silver Alert Issued for Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- Urgent: Missing Person – Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- H-V Chamber Experiencing Challenging Time, Staff ‘Keeping the Ship Right’ - February 25, 2019
- Brick Power Team Supports ‘Rae Rae’ Owen, Local Child Battling Leukemia - February 18, 2019