100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Public Schools
The following Granville County Public Schools principals have been recognized and awarded monetary bonuses by the State of North Carolina for their school’s outstanding academic performance in the 2018-2019 school year:
- Jackie Harris – Granville Early College EXCEEDED GROWTH TOP 10% ($10,000)
- Janita Allen – Granville Central High School EXCEEDED GROWTH TOP 10% ($10,000)
- Sheila Atkins – Wilton Elementary School EXCEEDED GROWTH TOP 20% ($2,500)
- Lisa Tusa – South Granville High School MET GROWTH TOP 50% ($1,000)
In the 2017-18 budget year, the General Assembly of North Carolina created a salary bonus structure for principals and select teachers across the state whose students academic growth performance met certain criteria, including the school’s previous academic performance and the individual employee’s school assignment.
Student growth is measured by the state’s adopted analysis software, EVAAS, which is a product of SAS Analytics based in the Research Triangle.
Through EVAAS, student growth is determined by the amount of academic progress that students make over the course of a grade or class. Students enter grades and courses at different places; some have struggled while some have excelled.
Regardless of how they enter a grade or course, students can make progress over the course of the school year. In this way, students and schools can be measured using complex statistical analysis of state test scores, which provide measurements and designations of growth.
Currently, the state uses the growth score of a school as 20% of the letter grade for that school, and proficiency scores for the remaining 80%.
The State of NC has just recently released information on which principals will be awarded bonuses.
Connect With The Author
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019
- Lewis Bowling, Local Author & Historian, Hosts Book Signing Dec. 8 - December 6, 2019
- Reminder: Town of Louisburg to Host Annual Christmas Parade This Sun. - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Beware of Gift Card Scam Using Sheriff Brame’s Name - December 5, 2019
- VGCC Receives $194K Grant From Duke Energy & Piedmont Natural Gas - December 5, 2019
- ‘Festival of Trees’ Wraps Up With Silent Auction on Sat. - December 5, 2019