100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Information courtesy Dennis Jarvis, Henderson-Vance County Economic Development Director
The Vance County Government, the Henderson-Vance County Economic Development Commission and Chairman Tommy Hester are hopeful that the current situation facing Vance County, the State of North Carolina, and the United States will be a short time for all concerned.
During this period of uncertainty, we are learning that the value of planning and being prepared is essential for the continuation of business. A key economic sector for Vance County and the state is manufacturing. Other sectors are reliant for manufacturing to progress. Manufacturing in Vance County has and always will be a critical component of our economic health.
On Friday, March 20, 2020, Governor Roy Copper stated he is “not issuing a shelter in place order or an additional closure of businesses,” however, the current trends demonstrate that daily cycles are evolving and can change at any moment.
The Vance County EDC is being proactive with various local, state, and regional organizations to provide access to vital information for citizens and the business community. Our goal is to provide an ability to communicate to state leaders on how to define the essential role your business provides Vance County and the State of North Carolina.
We are asking every manufacturer in Vance County to email [email protected] with the following information:
- Company Name;
- Main point of contact for their Vance County operation;
- Name / Title
- Email address
- Phone number(s) – direct office line and cellular
- Address of the company
- Number of company employees
- Brief description of the company products and uses;
- Please define how your products are utilized either directly or in support of critical operations (examples: medical, food, grocery, agriculture, health, machining, logistics, transportation, national defense, construction materials, hospital supply, textiles, etc.). Be creative and think of all the ways your products, processes or equipment are essential to keeping the critical needs of the community going or could be converted to creating essential products needed in this fight.
- List of any essential customers that your operation supports or is capable of supporting;
- Company website.
In the event Governor Cooper does order a “shelter in place,” taking this action NOW will help expedite the possibility that you may receive a letter/certificate for your employees to present to public safety representatives should the need arise in their commute to and from their place of work.
If your business does cease operations and has to furlough your staff, NC Works is able to provide a “Quick Response Team” to address the needs of your employees. The NC Works Career Center is continuing to offer Rapid Response services for companies and their employees that are going to be affected by layoffs. For assistance with a quick response team, contact Lou Grillo, Business Services Manager at Kerr-Tar Workforce Development Board – [email protected]; Phone 252-436-2040 or 866-506-6223.
All industrial manufacturing, agri-business and distribution are ESSENTIAL. Your company is vital and valued in Vance County and the region. We appreciate all that you do for Vance County and the State of North Carolina.
If you have additional questions, please contact Dennis Jarvis at 252-492-2094 or by email: [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020