— courtesy Families Living Violence Free
Children are often considered the “hidden” victims in families where domestic violence occurs. Studies have estimated that 3.3 – 10 million children witness domestic violence each year.
Children can show a variety of problems, due to exposure to domestic violence. For example, it can prevent their success in school and other social settings.
Also, 30% to 60% of perpetrators of domestic violence abuse children in the household.
It’s time to say enough! SPEAK UP!
If you or someone you know is a victim of Domestic Violence, please call Families Living Violence Free at 919-693-5700 Crisis Line or Hispanic Crisis Line 919-690-0888 Day or Night! We are here for you!
You could be saving a life….it might be your own.
Connect With The Author
- Oxford’s ‘Music on Main’ Series Continues With BIG LOVE - August 21, 2018
- Maria Parham Health’s Volunteer Services to Host “Books Are Fun” Sale - August 21, 2018
- City of Oxford Seeking Local Photographs for Annual Greeting Card - August 21, 2018
- Upchurch Charged With Two Counts of Assault With a Deadly Weapon - August 21, 2018
- Vance Co. Water Topic of Tuesday’s Called Commissioners’ Meeting - August 20, 2018
- Granville Co. Public Schools Celebrate Arrival of New Teachers - August 20, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Saturday Swim Lessons This Fall - August 20, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Committee Meeting Rescheduled for Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 20, 2018
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018