-Public Notice, City of Oxford
The City of Oxford Board of Commissioners believes that the community is best served when there is a diverse representation of volunteer citizens on the City’s Boards and Commissions. Many opportunities exist for citizens to become more involved with issues that affect our community. The Board is soliciting applications for the following Boards and Commissions:
Those wishing for reappointment must also complete an application.
Community Appearance Commission – 2 vacancies, 3-year terms; expiring in February 2019.
Zoning Board of Adjustment – 1 vacancy, 3-year term; expiring in February 2019.
Historic Preservation Commission – 3 vacancies, 3-year terms; expiring June 2019.
Planning Board – 2 vacancies, 6-year terms; expiring in June 2019.
Oxford Housing Authority – 1 vacancy, 5-year terms; expiring in September 2019.
Oxford Parking Authority – 2 vacancies, 5-year terms; expiring in October 2019.
Recreation Advisory Committee – 3 vacancies, 3-year terms; expiring in October 2019.
Oxford residency is required for all appointments. Applications for serving are posted annually for all potential vacancies and can be submitted up to one month prior to the expiration of the seat. All applications will be kept on file until December 31, 2019.
For details about the Board appointments and applications, visit www.oxfordnc.org or call the Office of the City Clerk (919) 603-1100 located at 300 Williamsboro Street in Oxford and open Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Connect With The Author
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019
- Lewis Bowling, Local Author & Historian, Hosts Book Signing Dec. 8 - December 6, 2019
- Reminder: Town of Louisburg to Host Annual Christmas Parade This Sun. - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Beware of Gift Card Scam Using Sheriff Brame’s Name - December 5, 2019
- VGCC Receives $194K Grant From Duke Energy & Piedmont Natural Gas - December 5, 2019
- ‘Festival of Trees’ Wraps Up With Silent Auction on Sat. - December 5, 2019