-Information courtesy Frank Frazier, City Manager, City of Henderson
In response to the tragic and horrendous effects that Hurricane Florence left on our east coast, the City of Henderson has joined in partnership with M.R. Williams to do our part with the relief efforts. The City asks that our community assist us in this effort as we attempt to fill a tractor and trailer with supplies to send to our neighbors down east and along the coast.
This event will begin on Wednesday, September 19 and will continue until we have successfully filled the trailer. The items we are looking to collect include nonperishable foods, water (bottles, jugs, etc.), toiletries, cleaning supplies and clothing. We ask that all items be new or unused.
Henderson Fire Station #1, located at 211 Dabney Dr., will be the central drop-off location and items will be collected there from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. starting on Wednesday, September 19, 2018. For more information, contact the City of Henderson Fire Department at (252) 438-7315.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019