-Information courtesy Frank Frazier, City Manager, City of Henderson
In response to the tragic and horrendous effects that Hurricane Florence left on our east coast, the City of Henderson has joined in partnership with M.R. Williams to do our part with the relief efforts. The City asks that our community assist us in this effort as we attempt to fill a tractor and trailer with supplies to send to our neighbors down east and along the coast.
This event will begin on Wednesday, September 19 and will continue until we have successfully filled the trailer. The items we are looking to collect include nonperishable foods, water (bottles, jugs, etc.), toiletries, cleaning supplies and clothing. We ask that all items be new or unused.
Henderson Fire Station #1, located at 211 Dabney Dr., will be the central drop-off location and items will be collected there from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. starting on Wednesday, September 19, 2018. For more information, contact the City of Henderson Fire Department at (252) 438-7315.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019