Public Service Announcements
To ensure your public service announcement is advertised, WIZS has made a policy change. We no longer accept hand-written submissions. This change will ensure the on-air personalities can read your announcement.
You may now submit your information on the form below. We ask that your submission be email at least two weeks prior to the event in order to serve you better. WIZS will be happy to post your event below and announce it on air.
Current Public Service Announcements
- A gray male neutered cat with a white chest and white around the mouth broke out of his carrier and jumped out of the car just past Plum Nutty and Hwy 39 and ran into the woods. His name is Little Bit and he went missing on Saturday April 29th. If seen please contact Douglas S. Murray at [email protected]
- May 11 – 19 is Annual Spring Membership Blitz for the Granville County Chamber of Commerce. Join during the Blitz and receive 15 months for the fee of 12 months, along with may other benefits. Refer a potential member, if they join during the Blitz then you will be entered into a drawing for a mystery prize.
- Friday May 19 is Granville County Chamber of Commerce Membership Apprication Picnic hosted by the Chamber Ambassadors from 11:00 to 2:00 at the Granville Athletic Park on Belltown Rd. There will be free hot dogs and hamburgers with the trimmings, new members will be recognized. RSVP to a Chamber Office by May 18.
- The Birthing Center First Annual Food Festival will be held at the Vance County Fair Ground on May 20 from 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased at the gate. The food festival is all you can eat pork, chicken, fish, pastas and more. There will also be drawings for prizes during the day. If you would like to be a vendor at this function, call Shelia Burwell at 252-213-0837 and bring your own table.
- The Relay for Life event at the Webb High School track will be held on Saturday May 20 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Food, music and entertainment will be available.
- The Vance Senior High Class of 1987 is planning its 30th reunion. Classmates are invited to attend a kickoff breakfast on May 20 at the Golden Corral. Come for breakfast or just coffee with classmates. This will be a chance to talk about the reunion, how to be involved and help locate other classmates. Someone will also be available to accept payment for the reunion which will take place over the weekend of Sept. 22-23.
- St. John Baptist Church will have a Women’s Day Musical Program on Sunday May 21 at 3:00 PM. All are invited to attend.
- Carey Chapel Community Watch meeting will be held at the Aycock Recreation Dept. on Monday May 22 at 6:00 PM.
- Maria Parham Orthopaedics is inviting you to come meet our providers on Tuesday May 23 from 4:30 to 6:00 PM at the Medical Office Plaza 120 Charles Rollins Rd. Suite 102 in Henderson. Hors d’oeuvres and light refreshments will be served. Door prizes available.
- The Zeb Vance Ruitan Club is sponsoring a Gas Raffle. 1st prize $300 gas card, 2nd prize $200 gas card. Tickets are $5 each or five tickets for $20. Drawing will be held on Tuesday May 23. Tickets can be purchased from any Ruitan member or by calling 252-767-4044 or 252-430-9160.
- The Pastor’s 19th Anniversary Celebration for Pastor Charles Thompson Sr. will be celebrated at Sandy Grove Missionary Baptist Church in the Gillburg community on Wednesday May 24 through Friday May 26 at 7:00 PM nightly. The services will end on Sunday morning May 28 at 11:00 AM. For more information call 252-438-3662.
- The Memorial Day Service at Sunset Gardens Cemetery will be held on Sunday May 28 at 2:00 PM. Guest speaker will be Fred Smith.
- Beacon Light Masonic Lodge #249 at 1204 West Andrews Ave in Henderson will have a fish plate sale on Friday June 2 from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM. The fish plate is $8.00 per plate. For more information contact Brother Lyon at 919-939-9553 or any brother of Beacon Light.
- New Horizons Baptist Church will have their Annual BBQ Chicken Plate Sale on Friday June 2 on the premises of the church 3490 Sterl Carrington Rd. in Oxford. Plates are $8 and large orders can be delivered. Call 919-690-1438 to order your BBQ plates.
- Spring Fling will be held on June 3, featuring food trucks, craft beer by Aviator Brewery, DJ and Dancers on Breckenridge St. in downtown Henderson. If you would like to be be a vendor or performer visit the Henderson Vance Downtown Development Commission website for forms. You may also participate if you are a church or non profit. For more information email [email protected]
- There will be a church wide Yard Sale on Saturday June 3 at 7:00 AM til Noon at South Henderson Pentecostal Holiness Church Family Life Center at 905 Americal Rd.
- Revival will be held at Joy in the Lord Baptist Church starting Sunday night June 4 at 6:00 PM through June 7 starting at 7 PM nightly. The church is located at 1238 Debnam Ave in Henderson.
- You are invited to a community meeting on the future of downtown Henderson. The city would like to learn your ideas for how food and farmers market can attract new businesses and jobs to downtown Henderson, and support a strong sense of community. This meeting will bring people together to create an action plan around ways food can support the ongoing revitalization of downtown. This meeting will be held on June 6 at 5:30 PM at Perry Memorial Library.
- A Bench Press Contest will be held as a fundraiser for Stephanie Ranes at the Cokesbury Fire Department on June 17. Meet starts at 11 AM, weigh in will be from 7 AM to 10 AM. Adults $40, teens $30. Door charge is $4 for non-lifters. Entry fees with weight class can be mailed to Harry Orr at 2317 N. Garnett St. in Henderson 27537 and for more info call Harry at 252-432-4196. Classes for teens 13-15, 16-19; Masters: 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+; Women/Men Open Class: 132-148, 165-181, 198-220, 242-275+.
- Meet Me in the Street Concerts return on Thursday May 25th with The Konnection Band, Thursday June 22 with Steve Owen’s and Summertime and Thursday September 14th with Liquid Pleasure. In addition to music and dancing, a kids section will also be included this year. So bring the family for an evening of food, friends and fun! All concerts are free and will be held at the corner of North Garnett and Breckenridge Streets from 5:30 to 8:30 PM.
- The Independence Day Celebration will be held on July 1, featuring a parade down Garnett St. starting at 10:00 AM and activities to follow on Breckenridge St. in downtown Henderson. If you would like to be be a vendor or performer visit the Henderson Vance Downtown Development Commission website for forms. You may also participate if you are a church or non profit. For more information email [email protected]
The Farmers Market will be open Saturdays from 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM April 29 – May 27, then Wednesdays and Saturdays 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM beginning May 31st. In addition to fresh local produce and products, the market will feature special events and gardening classes throughout the 2017 season. For more information about the Vance County Regional Farmers Market, view our website at vancecounty.org, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Persons interested in selling at the VCRFM may contact Tracy Madigan at 252-598-0814 or Paul McKenzie at 252 438-8188.The VCRFM is located at 210 Southpark Dr. in Henderson NC, off Beckford Dr. behind the DaVita Dialysis Center.
- The Kindle Ministry at Clearview Church is in need of more volunteers for Gang-Free, Inc. Volunteers are needed on Mondays from 4:00-6:30 PM to help kids with their homework, play games, serve meals and spend time with the kids. Mondays are days that Kindle serves with Gang-Free, but volunteer positions are available every day of the week. For more information contact Cara Gill at 252-425-4280.
- The Franklin-Vance-Warren Opportunity, Inc. Head Start is accepting children for the 2017-2018 Program Year for Franklin, Vance Warren and Granville Counties. Children must be 3 years of age as of August 31st, 2017. Parents of children with mental, physical or emotional impairments are encouraged to apply. The program will make special provisions to serve children with special needs. These provisions include, but are not limited to, adaptive equipment and transportation. For more information call Beth Darnell at 252-492-4196.
- Vance County Schools are currently accepting pre-kindergarten applications and kindergarten registration at all elementary schools for the 2017-2018 school year. To apply for pre-kindergarten children must be 4 years old on or before August 31st. To register for kindergarten, children should be 5 years old on or before August 31st. Parents are urged to go to the elementary school in the area where they live now to register their children for the upcoming school year.
- Mother Goose Story Time will be held on Thursdays at 11:00 AM for ages 2-5 years old at Perry Memorial Library 205 Breckenridge St. in Henderson. For more info visit www.perrylibrary.org.