Public Service Announcements
To ensure your public service announcement is advertised, WIZS has made a policy change. We no longer accept hand-written submissions. This change will ensure the on-air personalities can read your announcement.
You may now submit your information on the form below. We ask that your submission be email at least two weeks prior to the event in order to serve you better. WIZS will be happy to post your event below and announce it on air.
Current Public Service Announcements
- Due to the increase in flue cases, visitors to MPMC will temporarily be restricted in the hospital and ambulatory surgery effective immediately. Visitors are limited to immediate family members or designated adult caregivers, who have no fever, cough, or other flu-like symptoms. Patients may receive no more than 2 adult visitors at one time; children under 18 are not permitted to visit in the hospital without prior approval from healthcare providers and for special circumstances; visitors are asked to wash hands frequently; visitors with fever, cough, or other flu-like symptoms should remain at home.
- The Kindle Ministry at Clearview Church is in need of more volunteers for Gang-Free, Inc. Volunteers are needed on Mondays from 4:00-6:30 PM to help kids with their homework, play games, serve meals and spend time with the kids. Mondays are days that Kindle serves with Gang-Free, but volunteer positions are available every day of the week. For more information contact Cara Gill at 252-425-4280.
- Arts Alive is a talent showcase, held on Saturday March 25th at 7 PM at McGregor Hall on Breckenridge St. in Henderson, featuring students and employees of Vance County Schools who sing, dance, act, play musical instruments and more! Visual Arts will also be on display from 4 PM until 7 PM. Tickets are on sale for $5 each at McGregor Hall starting at 3 PM on March 25th.
- Union Grove UCC 511 Parham St. in Henderson will be holding an afternoon service on the 4th Sunday March 26th at 4 PM. All are welcome to attend.
- Henderson Kiwanis Club will hold a Trout Dinner at 220 Seafood Restaurant on Monday March 27th from 4-7 PM. Cost is $7 per plate and includes trout, cole slaw, fries and hushpuppies. Beverage for eat in only.
- South Henderson Pentecostal Holiness Church 905 Americal Rd. in Henderson will hold a Second Wind Senior Revival March 27-29th at 10:00 AM in the Sanctuary. For more information call 252-438-3322.
- Brewer Cycles raffle for Duke Children’s drawing will be held on April 1st at 420 Warrenton Rd. in Henderson. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20 and the winner will receive a Yamaha TTR-50. The Duke Children’s Charity Ride will be held on June 4th.
- Easter Egg Hunt & Program. Saturday, April 8 from 11am to 2pm at New Sandy Creek Baptist Church, 1699 Weldons Mill Road, Henderson, NC. There will be fun for all ages with goodie bags, free spaghetti lunch, Easter egg hunt and an Easter program presented by the ChristKid Ministry at New Sandy Creek Baptist Church.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt for ages 12 and under will be held Saturday April 8th from 1:00 – 2:30 PM at Creedmoor Elementary School. There will be prizes, games and a bounce house sponsored by Promised Land Community Church. Rain date will be April 15th.
- The Boys and Girls Club 53 West River Rd. in Louisburg will have a Day of Caring on Saturday April 8th from 8 AM – 2 PM. There will be painting and work on the grounds to beautify the area. Please bring shovels and paint brushes. To volunteer visit www.UWFC.org.
- The Friends of the Perry Memorial Library are having an “Afternoon with an Author” on Sunday April 9th at 2:00 PM. Anne B. Ross, the author of eighteen novels featuring the popular Southern heroine, Miss Julia, will be present to discuss her latest novel – Miss Julia Weathers the Storm.
- Carey Chapel Community Watch meeting will be held at the Aycock Recreation Dept. on Monday May 22 at 6:00 PM.
- Meet Me in the Street Concerts return on Thursday May 25th with The Konnection Band, Thursday June 22 with Steve Owen’s and Summertime and Thursday September 14th with Liquid Pleasure. In addition to music and dancing, a kids section will also be included this year. So bring the family for an evening of food, friends and fun! All concerts are free and will be held at the corner of North Garnett and Breckenridge Streets from 5:30 to 8:30 PM.
- The Franklin-Vance-Warren Opportunity, Inc. Head Start is accepting children for the 2017-2018 Program Year for Franklin, Vance Warren and Granville Counties. Children must be 3 years of age as of August 31st, 2017. Parents of children with mental, physical or emotional impairments are encouraged to apply. The program will make special provisions to serve children with special needs. These provisions include, but are not limited to, adaptive equipment and transportation. For more information call Beth Darnell at 252-492-4196.
- Vance County Schools are currently accepting pre-kindergarten applications and kindergarten registration at all elementary schools for the 2017-2018 school year. To apply for pre-kindergarten children must be 4 years old on or before August 31st. To register for kindergarten, children should be 5 years old on or before August 31st. Parents are urged to go to the elementary school in the area where they live now to register their children for the upcoming school year.
- Mother Goose Story Time will be held on Thursdays at 11:00 AM for ages 2-5 years old at Perry Memorial Library 205 Breckenridge St. in Henderson. For more info visit www.perrylibrary.org.