Public Service Announcements
To ensure your public service announcement is advertised, WIZS has made a policy change. We no longer accept hand-written submissions. This change will ensure the on-air personalities can read your announcement.
You may now submit your information on the form below. We ask that your submission be email at least two weeks prior to the event in order to serve you better. WIZS will be happy to post your event below and announce it on air.
Current Public Service Announcements
- First Presbyterian Church of Henderson will hold a fish dinner fundraiser at 220 Seafood Restaurant on Monday April 24th from 4-7 PM. Tickets may be purchased at the door or the drive-through pickup lane. Cost is $7 and includes fried trout, fries, hushpuppies and slaw. Beverage with dine in only. If you would like to volunteer to help serve during this time please call 252-432-9494. Volunteers will be needed from 3:45 until shortly after 7 pm. Youth groups welcome.
- Rebuilding Hope 414 Raleigh Rd in Henderson will have a Chicken Barbecue Plate Sale on Friday April 28 from 11:00 AM until 7:00 PM. Plate includes half chicken, potatoes, string beans, bread and dessert. Cost is $7.00 per plate, eat in, take out or delivery for five plates or more. For more information call 252-438-5132 or 919-632-2797.
- Maria Parham Health Relay for Life Team will have a LuLaRoe Party on Friday April 28 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM at the hospital in the John T. Church Classroom. Multiple consultants will be on site. Money raised for Vance County Relay for Life.
- Vance County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day will be Saturday April 29th from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM at the City Operations Center 900 Beckford Drive in Henderson. This event is for residential only, no contractors permitted. Participants are limited to 10 gallons of paint and 25 gallons of household hazardous waste. Ecoflow will collect: paints, batteries, cleaners, light tubes, propane gas cylinders, fire exteinguishers, and mixed solvents. The Vance County Sheriff’s Office will collect prescription drugs, antibiotics, pain medication, allergy medication, etc. Shred Ace will be available to shred secure documents. Electronics will collect TV’s, computer monitors, CPU’s, keyboards, mouse, DVD players. And Recycling will collect cardboard, metal and aluminum cans, plastic bottles, newsprint and magazines. For more info call Jason Falls at 252-738-2090.
- The Henderson Post Office with hold a Passport Fair on Saturday April 29 from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Henderson Post Office 905 S. Garnet St. in Henderson. For details on everything you need to apply, visit usps.com/passport.
- Vaughan Baptist Church will hold a Family Fun Day at the church 192 Eaton Ferry Rd. in Vaughan NC from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM on April 29. Dan the Animal Man will be there at 11:00. There will be carriage rides, games, bouncy houses and refreshments will be available. This fun is free for all, come on out!
- HPD/FOP St. Baldrick’s Day YMCA Healthy Kids Day Event will be held on April 29 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM in downtown Henderson 200 Breckenridge St. This event is free! There will be games and prizes, giveaways, raffles, concessions, cornhole tournament at 11:30 check-in, and the head shaving event at 1:00 PM.
- Relay for Life Service will be held at New Hope Granville Missionary Baptist Church of Oxford in the Berea Area on Sunday April 30 at 4:00 PM. The service is open to the public, please bring a love offering.
- Relay for Life Service will be held at New Hope Granville Missionary Baptist Church of Oxford in the Berea Area on Sunday April 30 at 4:00 PM. The service is open to the public.
- The First Baptist Church, 205 W. Winder St., Evening Ringers and Girls Ensemble in Concert on Sunday April 30 at 2:30 PM. Concert is free to the public and a collection will be taken to benefit ACTS of Vance County.
- Wise Baptist Church Spring Revival will be from April 30 through May 3 at 7:00 PM nightly. The Church is located at 1840 US Hwy 1 N in Norlina.
- The Friends of the Perry Memorial Library will hold a book sale beginning Thursday May 4, 4:30 – 7:30 for friends members only, memberships available at the door. Open to the general public on Friday May 5, noon – 5:30; Saturday May 6, 1:00 – 4:30 and Sunday May 7 from 1:00 – 4:30 PM. The library is located at 205 Breckenridge St. in Henderson.
- BSA Troop 629 Annual Pancake Breakfast will be held on Saturday May 6 from 7 AM until 10 AM served in the cafeteria of the Masonic Home for Children located at 600 W. College St. Dine in or drive thru. The cost is $7.00 per person.
- The Landmark Trio will be featured in a gospel singing at Joy in the Lord Baptist Church on Saturday May 6 at 6:00 PM. The church is located at 1238 Debnam Ave. in Henderson. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Greater Refuge Church of Christ is holding a Christian Unity March on May 6 at 2:00 PM. The march will begin at Garnett/Montgomery Streets to Garnett/Horner Streets in Henderson with intervals of prayer, singing, music and more!
- The Downtown Oxford Heritage Festival will be held on Saturday May 6 from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM in historic downtown Oxford. There will be blacksmiths, quilters, wood carvers, antique cars, antique farm equipment, entertainment, petting zoo, games for kids, local craft vendors, garden and produce items for sale, food trucks, DJ Alex Keith and local bands to perform and the Granville County museum will be open.
- The Birthing Center First Annual Food Festival will be held at the Vance County Fair Ground on May 20 from 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Tickets are $20 and may be purchased at the gate. The food festival is all you can eat pork, chicken, fish, pastas and more. There will also be drawings for prizes during the day. If you would like to be a vendor at this function, call Shelia Burwell at 252-213-0837 and bring your own table.
- Carey Chapel Community Watch meeting will be held at the Aycock Recreation Dept. on Monday May 22 at 6:00 PM.
- New Horizons Baptist Church will have their Annual BBQ Chicken Plate Sale on Friday June 2 on the premises of the church 3490 Sterl Carrington Rd. in Oxford. Plates are $8 and large orders can be delivered. Call 919-690-1438 to order your BBQ plates.
- Meet Me in the Street Concerts return on Thursday May 25th with The Konnection Band, Thursday June 22 with Steve Owen’s and Summertime and Thursday September 14th with Liquid Pleasure. In addition to music and dancing, a kids section will also be included this year. So bring the family for an evening of food, friends and fun! All concerts are free and will be held at the corner of North Garnett and Breckenridge Streets from 5:30 to 8:30 PM.
The Farmers Market will be open Saturdays from 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM April 29 – May 27, then Wednesdays and Saturdays 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM beginning May 31st. In addition to fresh local produce and products, the market will feature special events and gardening classes throughout the 2017 season. For more information about the Vance County Regional Farmers Market, view our website at vancecounty.org, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Persons interested in selling at the VCRFM may contact Tracy Madigan at 252-598-0814 or Paul McKenzie at 252 438-8188.The VCRFM is located at 210 Southpark Dr. in Henderson NC, off Beckford Dr. behind the DaVita Dialysis Center.
- The Kindle Ministry at Clearview Church is in need of more volunteers for Gang-Free, Inc. Volunteers are needed on Mondays from 4:00-6:30 PM to help kids with their homework, play games, serve meals and spend time with the kids. Mondays are days that Kindle serves with Gang-Free, but volunteer positions are available every day of the week. For more information contact Cara Gill at 252-425-4280.
- The Franklin-Vance-Warren Opportunity, Inc. Head Start is accepting children for the 2017-2018 Program Year for Franklin, Vance Warren and Granville Counties. Children must be 3 years of age as of August 31st, 2017. Parents of children with mental, physical or emotional impairments are encouraged to apply. The program will make special provisions to serve children with special needs. These provisions include, but are not limited to, adaptive equipment and transportation. For more information call Beth Darnell at 252-492-4196.
- Vance County Schools are currently accepting pre-kindergarten applications and kindergarten registration at all elementary schools for the 2017-2018 school year. To apply for pre-kindergarten children must be 4 years old on or before August 31st. To register for kindergarten, children should be 5 years old on or before August 31st. Parents are urged to go to the elementary school in the area where they live now to register their children for the upcoming school year.
- Mother Goose Story Time will be held on Thursdays at 11:00 AM for ages 2-5 years old at Perry Memorial Library 205 Breckenridge St. in Henderson. For more info visit www.perrylibrary.org.