100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Information courtesy Kelly H. Grissom, Clerk to Board/Executive Asst., County of Vance
Please be informed that the Vance County Board of Commissioners’ meeting will be held on Monday, April 6, 2020, at 6 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Meeting Room, 122 Young Street, Henderson, with a few changes.
In order to protect the public and County staff while complying with the Governor’s order limiting gatherings, public access into the meeting room will be very limited. An onsite viewing area with limited capacity will be established for the public who attend the meeting.
For those making public comments, signups must be received on April 6 between 5:15 and 5:45 p.m., as usual. Speakers will be allowed into the room as space allows.
The public hearing for a rezoning request on Bullocksville Park Road has been postponed until the May 4 regular meeting.
Agenda Items for the April 6 Meeting:
1. Public Comments (for those registered to speak by 5:45 p.m. – speakers are limited to five minutes)
2. Water District Board
a. Water Committee Report
– Water Connection Fee
– Phase 1B USDA Funding
b. Monthly Operations Report
3. Committee Reports and Recommendations
a. Properties Committee
– Lease Extension – Alliance Rehabilitation Center
– Eaton Johnson – Final Plan Review and Hold of Bid Release
b. Public Safety Committee
– First Responder Medical Requirements
– COVID-19 Protocol Change for Dispatching First Responders
– Community Paramedic Program
– Combination Fire Department
c. Human Resources Committee
– Workers’ Compensation Leave Policy Amendment
– Manager’s Evaluation Format
– Families First Coronavirus Response Act
4. Finance Director’s Report
a. Surplus Property
5. County Attorney’s Report
a. REO Property – Bid Acceptance Resolutions
– Nicholas Street Lot – Parcel 0111 03022
b. REO Property – New Offer
– 404 Whitten Avenue – Parcel 0098 04006
– W. Chavis Road – Parcel 0479 01018
6. County Manager’s Report
a. Proposal for Addressing Jail Deficiencies
7. Consent Agenda Items
a. Budget Amendments and Transfers
b. Tax Refunds and Releases
c. Monthly Reports
Click here to view current and prior Board agendas.