100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
On February 4, 2020, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Group arrested Peter John Dever Jr., age 37, of 13931 US 1923 Hwy, Mars Hill, NC on various felony drug offenses. The arrest was the result of a vehicle stop conducted by the Community Action Team (CAT) where MDMA and Marijuana were found.
Approximately 85 grams of MDMA with a street value of $16,800 dollars and 802 grams of Marijuana with a street value of $16,040 were seized during the arrest.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “Our Special Operations Group is a multi-facet drug enforcement unit that addresses all aspects of drug trafficking operations. This arrest was the result of our continued efforts to seek out and eliminate these types of illegal drug activities to keep these dangerous drugs off our streets.”
Peter John Dever Jr. was placed in the Franklin County Detention Center under an $80,000 secured bond.
Peter John Dever Jr.
13931 US 1923 Hwy
Mars Hill, NC 28754
Trafficking in MDMA (2 Counts)
Felony Possession of Marijuana
For more information concerning this investigation or to report drug activity in your neighborhood, please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at (919) 496-2186.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020