by Craig Hahn, Executive Director of The Chamber of Commerce of Warren County
Help the WCHS Class of ’97 Celebrate Their 20th Reunion Donations to GiveBackPacks
You never know where you’re going to uncover another treasure or worthy cause here in Warren County…and Saturday gave me the opportunity to uncover a great project. I met Rachel Perkinson Dickens, a graduate of the WCHS Class of 1997. To help celebrate their 20th Reunion this year, instead of planning a trip somewhere, they decided to give to their home County with GiveBackPacks. Here are the pertinent details…
Did YOU know?
North Carolina has one of the highest hunger rates in America. More than 1 in 4 children in North Carolina struggle with hunger. Hungry children have trouble concentrating, get sick more often, and are less likely to perform well on athletic fields and in classrooms.
How CAN you help?
Join the Warren County High School Class of 1997 to reach our goal of packing 200 GiveBackPacks. Each GiveBackPack provides easy-open, ready-to-eat food and school supplies. The packs will be distributed through the elementary schools to Warren County children in need.
What DO you do?
● Follow the instructions provided to make a GiveBackPack
● Donate school supplies or food items and bring them to designated drop-off locations.
● Make a monetary donation and let us put together a GiveBackPack for you. You can sponsor one pack for $35.
● Ask your business, church, or community organization to get involved.
How to Make a GiveBackPack:
Start with a backpack & add some of these:
● Glue Sticks
● Crayola markers
● #2 pencils
● Wide-ruled notebook paper
● Spiral bound notebook
And fill it up with these:
● Dried fruit
● Peanut butter
● Whole grain cereal/granola bars
● Canned tuna, chicken, or beans
● Mac & cheese, rice, whole grain pasta
● Fruit cups in light syrup or applesauce cups
● 100% fruit juice boxes or shelf-stable box milk
● Spaghetti & Meatballs, Ravioli, Beefaroni, Lasagna
Bring it Here:
Demond Andrews Barbershop
4 Girls and A Comb Salon
Whistle Stop Cafe
or participating area churches *Collecting filled packs and donations through August 14, 2017